Welcome to our information gateway.
Concepts in TDVP
9D spin (finite)
Background to scientists and TDVP
In 2011, Drs Neppe and Close proposed a broad model for reality—the Triadic Dimensional Distinction Vortical Paradigm (TDVP). TDVP proposes that the finite is made up of distinct parts. These are contained within a continuous infinite reality. The finite consists of 9 spinning (vortical) dimensions, and vortical / spin movements these dimensions. Thereafter, the transfinite exists as a discrete “countable” infinity. The discrete finite is contained within a continuous infinite. This model is described in detail in the landmark Neppe and Close book, Reality Begins with Consciousness: A Paradigm Shift that Works now its fourth edition, with 50 chapters, over 500 pages and extensively referenced (nearly 500 references) See http://www.brainvoyage.com/RBC/perspective.php.
This has been strongly endorsed by leading scientists in various specialties (http://www.brainvoyage.com/RBC/comments.php).
The TDVP model involves a unification of the finite and the infinite, and of Space, Time and “Consciousness” substrates (all very carefully defined) being “tethered” together. TDVP involves a metaparadigm extending across the sciences (physical, biological, consciousness, and psychological), with mathematical validations, numerous testable hypotheses (as in the Cabibbo derivation) and a secondary philosophical model called “Unified Monism”.
24 different models of “theories of everything” including Consciousness and Dimensions were carefully objectively examined. TDVP appears to be the most promising model of all at this time, scoring a perfect score (39/39) whereas all others besides the original Neppe and Close models in the 20s, scored <20/39.
TDVP stands for the Triadic Dimensional-Distinction Vortical Paradigm
Space, Time and broader ‘Consciousness’ are tethered together
Triadic: The triad of Space, Time and Consciousness are always tethered together. They are never separated.
Dimensions of extent involving mathematical distinctions
Vortical : Vortices (curved movements) interface across dimensions (indivension)
Paradigm (Metaparadigm /Theory of Everything) across the sciences and mathematics with unification of the infinite and finite resulting in the philosophical model of Unified Monism.
TDVP: The Triadic Dimensional-Distinction Vortical Paradigm is a metaparadigmatic model developed equally by Drs. Vernon Neppe and Edward Close. It is based on the available broader empirical data of all the sciences (physical, biological, consciousness and psychological), validated partly by mathematical theorems, applying LFAF for scientific validation, and applied to philosophy (as “Unified Monism”). The key features are STC tethering, 10+ Dimensions, broader “Consciousness”, Infinity, plus a model of life and order.
In TDVP, reality is a unit. This single indivisible unit of Reality always exists in everything. It has an infinite component ("infinite subreality") and a finite component ("finite subreality"). The finite is entirely embedded in the infinite which makes up that single unit of Reality.
Drs Vernon Neppe and Edward Close in 2011 in their TDVP model motivated scientifically and mathematically for the essential linkage of Space, Time and Consciousness. These three substrates can never be entirely separated. This is a radical and new paradigm shift.
Historical Relevance: A century before the Neppe-Close TDVP model, Dr Hermann Minkowski in 1908, had recognized that Space cannot be separated from Time. This became known as the 4 “dimensions” (3 of Space, one of Time). These 4 finite dimensions are still pertinent in TDVP because this is what is directly experienced by living humans. But today, Close and Neppe have mathematically demonstrated that these are not just these 4 dimensions of experience, but that there are 9 finite (discrete) spinning dimensions, so that most of these measurable dimensions with their own extent are not directly experienced and are hidden components of reality.
Additionally, there are “tenth plus” dimensional domains that we call countable infinity (the transfinite) which still is measurable theoretically. We call the “finite 9 spinning dimensions” and the “transfinite” together the “metafinite’
The discrete metafinite subreality is contained (embedded) in a continuous (infinite) subreality.
Unified Monism: In TDVP, reality reflects everything. It is one whole: a single unit. And therefore the philosophical model is called “Unified Monism”. Reality consists of more than the Universe that technically is “finite”, because it is made up of zillions and zillions of separate quanta, like the tiniest of pixels on a TV. These finite components make up what we regard as entire cosmos/ universe. But there is more to Reality because that finite, discrete cosmos is embedded in the ineffable, continuous, without end, Infinite. that still has a never-ending Space, Time and Information. When Information is translated into specific Meaning, becomes broader “Consciousness”.
Reality and Subreality: The term “subreality” conceptually differentiated descriptively the major elements of Reality but Reality remains a single unit, though with different main functional elements: The Finite Subreality is countable and has specific components because it is quantized (it is discrete); the Infinite Subreality (in conceptual terms it is a super-reality!) is continuous, inaccessible, without end and without beginning.
Consequently, almost all of reality is hidden. We, living beings can only experience a tiny fraction of it. That part that we experience is in part of those 4 dimensions, but intermingled always with meaningful information (“consciousness”).
Reality consists of all of what exists.
The infinite and finite (more correctly metafinite) subrealities make up an indivisible holistic unit.
In TDVP, a sub-hypothesis is that this discrete metafinite is likely embedded in the continuous infinite. It requires the S, T and C, its inseparably tethered components.
In sentient beings, reality is that which is subjective, perceived or experienced. Common reality may be verified independently by a majority of conscious observers.
However, much of reality is hidden so that what exists is far greater than this common reality.
Reality conforms to natural law.
Metafinite: (Neppe-Close TDVP). The discrete transfinite plus the lower finite dimensions. All the discrete, quantized, pixilated. This is embedded in the infinite continuity (see “Transfinite”).
Transfinite: The transfinite is sometimes called “countable infinity”: Realistically, the number is so large, it blurs and by definition cannot be counted. However (in TDVP), “transfinite” essentially still involves a discrete extent (so it is technically quantal though ordinal in measure). Transfinite is contrasted with the “infinite” that is never discrete or countable, though continuous, but the “finite” also includes the lower dimensions. Transfinite is sometimes used with several meanings and therefore, we have added the new term “metafinite” to resolve this ambiguity.
The equivalent discrete element of the continuous infinite is the “metafinite”. The metafinite includes the discrete finite 9 dimensions, plus the “transfinite” (we’ve called this the higher “10th plus dimensions”). The (discrete) metafinite is contained in the (continuous) infinite and can be conceptualized as the discrete, actual pixels of the infinite continuity.
Metafinite includes both the quantized, discrete transfinite and the quantized discrete finite and this is all contained in the infinite continuum.
Just as 4 dimensions are experienced in part and they're in the 9 dimensions, the 9 dimensions are what we can demonstrate mathematically as the finite, but they're contained within the Infinite Continuity and the equivalent discrete Metafinite.
Theory of Everything (TOE): A commonly applied but ambiguous term for a complete explanatory model of reality conforming to the laws of nature. TOEs should seamlessly reconcile with all the major theoretical models and authoritative sources of all the sciences and mathematics, but should not be construed as reflecting omniscience, instead implying application of principles. TOEs are sometimes regarded as primarily philosophical, yet the original, limited meaning was in Physics. We dislike the ambiguity, because its use can be misinterpreted. We have, instead, used the term “metaparadigm”. Nevertheless, applying metric comparisons to 24 “TOEs”, TDVP scores far the highest with a perfect score.
More on TDVP: The term TDVP is an abbreviation for “Triadic Dimensional Distinction Vortical Paradigm”. TDVP is described in detail in the book by Vernon Neppe and Edward Close called Reality Begins with Consciousness: A Paradigm Shift That Works (fourth edition) (RBC4) (This is available exclusively atwww.Brainvoyage.com as an E-book). With RBC, comes an illustrated RBC: Glimpses and Glossary to facilitate visualization of parts of the model, and a reference to the new vocabulary that is necessarily in this new multidisciplinary discipline that Drs Neppe and Close have pioneered namely “Dimensional Biopsychophysics”. This involves all the sciences (the broader Physical, Psychological, Biological and Consciousness Sciences), mathematicologic, Philosophy and impacts Philosophy of Science. This makes TDVP very broad and complex, not surprisingly. because the nature of Reality is broad and complex. The authors are working on a layperson book series“The Answer”.
Consciousness: The everyday use of the concept of "consciousness" has varied. It has traditionally been the most difficult of all terms to describe. We define it very precisely, applying it in the broadest sense in TDVP and recognizing 4 different though unified levels as well as three distinctions: “Consciousness” is the most subtle substrate of the STC triad without which reality would have no meaning: Because of this, we use the generic abbreviation “C-“ to ensure this conceptual unification of the “meaningful”. It is a broad, unified, general term for a unit describing both infinite conscious meaningful information and finite awareness and responsiveness. There are 4 key TDVP elements in Consciousness.
This broader “consciousness” manifestation (abbreviated C-) or “paradigmatic consciousness” involves any of these consciousness manifestations; defining a unit always made up of quantum plus meaning (qualits), of psychological and neurological consciousness in sentient beings, and of possible transfinite discrete and metaconscious continuous meaning linked with various levels of the continuous unending information repository in the infinite. In TDVP, consciousness always exists as a unit as a meaningfulunit underlying every aspect of reality. C- also reflects three distinction levels: “extent” (C-substrate with S- [Space] and T- [Time]) “content” (C-matrix) with Mass and Energy; and C-interface (reflecting how Consciousness impacts and influences the extent and content of events and objects (mass and energy also can influence these). By contrast, the term in philosophy for “consciousness” appears more imprecise and ambiguous as it depends on the specific philosophical, mystical or theological model (It’s not applied in the TDVP context).
TDVP can be conceptualized as having several major elements.
· “Dimensions and distinctions”. Distinctions allow for differentiating and conceptualizing all components of reality. Dimensions are measured byextent. Like all concepts in TDVP, these are carefully and specifically defined, in this instance mathematically.
· Infinity. Infinity is continuous: The zillions of discrete separated components of the finite are embedded in the never ending continuity of the Infinite. The Infinite is necessary in any “Theory of Everything” because without it there would be an incompleteness, and so we could not describe all of reality in that “incomplete finite box”. The infinite allows getting beyond that box.
· Consciousness: Consciousness is used in its broadest sense. Effectively, it is meaning at every level. Physically, this ranges from the tiniest quantal components through to the astronomic. Biologically, this involves the inanimate to the living. Physiologically. it is expressed through the nervous system in living beings, and modified psychologically. In psi research and Consciousness studies, it also involves access of meaning to the repository of higher information that exists in the infinite and is mirrored in the transfinite and finite.
· Tethering: Space, Time and Consciousness are linked together permanently from the finite beginning till the end (in the Infinite, there is no beginning or end). They cannot be separated, just as Space and Time during the 20thcentury was conceptualized as not separate.
· Unification: The metafinite subreality is embedded in the Infinite subreality. The two are not separate like body and mind. They are one. This leads philosophically to Unified Monism.
· Mathematics: TDVP argues that mathematics is integral to reality. Therefore, new mathematical techniques such as the calculus of distinctions, and dimensional extrapolation, and extensions of older theorems such as the Pythagorean Theorem and Fermat’s Last Theorem, plus Dimensionometry (involving the complex multidimensional algebras and geometry), and of mathematical physics (including relativity) are applied.
· Subjectivity and objectivity: The applications of “framework of” and “relative to” and “subjectivity” and “objectivity”, and of, for example, modifying terms like “non-local” to “relatively non-local” become important. Most of our reality as sentient beings is relative to our limited experiences in three dimensions of space embedded in a moment in time.
· Space, time and consciousness (S, T, C) are fundamentally always tethered together.
· The discrete metafinite (finite and transfinite) is embedded in the continuous infinite. Discrete refers to the measurable pieces. They are like quanta, discrete, pixilated elements. But each element can be measured in Space, Time and Consciousness.
· All aspects of Reality obey the Laws of Nature.
· We cannot conceive of the spatial, time and information extensions of the infinite as they are unextended, eternal, pervasive repositories of space, time and information without beginning and without end.
· STC tethering occurs in both the finite and infinite subrealities.
· The whole reality is made up of infinite subreality which necessarily always impacts the finite subreality and vice versa. There is a continuous interchange across all the unified realities.
· We experience reality as sentient beings "bottoms-up" in the most basic reality 3S-1t-1C as STC is inseparable (so 3S-1t without C is illusory though commonly interpreted as such).
· We cannot perceive almost all of reality and we need to conceptualize reality experiences outside 3S-1t.
· STC began at its origin in the finite.
· In the infinite, there was no origin. All time, space and information are pervasive, unextended, ineffable, without end and without beginning.
· Most of reality is hidden but always relative to a framework of reference. In 3S-1t, there are limitations to the experience of many elements e.g. infrared, ultraviolet, sound waves; the present moment in time; 3S-1t-1c restricts us from experiencing the 4 other finite dimensions; even in dimensional domains in the 9 dimensions, we are limited to conceptualizing the transfinite; and the transfinite can only mirror higher realities of the continuous infinite.
· These all are expressed as relatively nonlocal. It always has to be “relative to” the “framework of reference” and not absolute.
· TDVP postulated that finite reality consisted of 9 spinning dimensions. This hypothesis was tested by mathematically deriving a complex particle physics angle (the Cabibbo Mixing Angle) which can only be derived from 9 dimensions. This was then replicated in a thought experiment.
· We postulate these 9 finite dimensions are likely in a 3S-3T-3C context based on some supporting mathematics but the changes are dynamic so the 3S-3T-3C is relative to our experiences of a limited reality in 3Spatial dimensions embedded in the present (a moment in Time) (3S-1t).
· Therefore though it exists, there are hidden dimensions which we do not experience while alive. However, it might be that in certain ostensible, alleged altered stated of consciousness like “out of body experiences”, “near death experiences”, “ostensible survival of bodily death”, and simply certain kinds of “dreams” that we may experience some of these.
· Besides these 9 finite discrete / pixilated/ quantized finite dimensions, there is what could be called "tenth plus" dimensions: This is the discrete transfinite of N-dimensions of finite subreality and extending through the transfinite. But the transfinite is still measurable: It is "countable infinity" and measured by ordinal not interval methods.
· The finite and the countable infinity of the transfinite together can be called the discrete metafinite and is measurable and can mirror what is happening in an ineffable continuous infinite.
· Reality can be conceptualized as a "top-down" approach, from these higher dimensional levels; or from our "bottoms up" experience, where we remain in the both that is 3S-1t, and where we only have some pieces of the multidimensional jigsaw puzzle of the finite subreality.
· In the infinite subreality, STC exists without end, unextended but specifically when representing the finite it is extended in that individual unit context.
· Communication mechanisms occur across, between and within dimensions.
· There is a higher level process that allows for this communication, and this can be at different systems levels and the content is through what is called "vortical indivension".
· Keys to the mathematics are pertinent including the Calculus of Distinctions, Dimensional Extrapolation, modifications of existing Pythagorean and Fermat's Last Theorem, plus Algebraic and Geometric Dimensionometries.
· "Consciousness" refers to meaningful information. It manifests at different levels from the smallest "quantum" or possibly subquantum equivalent to the astrophysical cosmological. It has inanimate and animate components— biological, psychological and neurological as well as "higher consciousness" components that impact the infinite subrealities.
· All higher consciousness and all of N-C is ultimately integrated through that finite 3S-1t-1C physical living component called consciousness in the nervous system in sentient beings.
· LFAF: The concept in Philosophy of Science of Falsifiability required in science is pertinent. However, Feasibility is a key as well and sometimes more relevant e.g. in Medicine, responses to interpret a treatment as feasible may be more important than statistical significance; some aspects such evolution or the Big Bang are not easily falsified but must be feasible; in TDVP this is important, because in any multidimensional studies, and in the study of Infinity what is feasible is more pertinent than what cannot be falsified. In 3S-1t we use jigsaw puzzle pieces to put together a picture.
Neppe and Close described this advance in Philosophy of Science for the first time in the book Reality Begins with Consciousness. It is called LFAF: “Lower dimensional feasibility, absent falsification.”
• Communication through dimensions is via a process (called "indivension" ) utilizing zillions of (content) "vortices ( interfacing with vectors, scalars, tensors) to produce vast finite and infinite interfacing tracks.
• A model for understanding the apprehension and manipulation of objects or events (psi) is provided including the ostensible rare events, precognition and retrocognition, and freedom of choice.
• The infinite has several elements all existing together:
• metaconsciousness (meaningful metainformation)
• metalife (polife = potential life in the finite)
• metaorder (ordropy).
• We do not know how to appreciate the infinite but exist in certain modifiable finite tracks that derive from the infinite.
• Order always exists in the infinite eternally and pervades the finite as “multidimensional ordropy”.
• Entropy always exists in the finite and impacts the infinite.
• Meaningful information is called “metaconsciousness? in the infinite.
· Distinctions of interpretation recognize that everything is relative to one’s framework, hence the perceptual, conceptual and experiential; the subjective is separated from the objective; the infinite is separated from the infinite.
· Existential distinctions differentiate extent, content and impact. Extent is directly measurable, such as Space and Time and the extent of Consciousness; content is what is contained, such as Mass and Energy and the content of Consciousness; impact involves the influences on content and extent including the impact of Consciousness—physical communications, psi, Divinity even, of mass-energy in space and time such as volcanoes and earthquakes or physical forces.
· Life tracks: The finite experiences in any of the nine dimensions are reflected in an infinite mirroring (like a picture on a screen) of choices that have been made: The branches could have changed producing a different outcome.
· TRUE units: Triadic relative uniform equivalence is a new concept in TDVP reflecting the pre-eminence of “consciousness” at the quantal and subquantal level and ultimately having enormous relevance in such concepts as dark matter and dark energy. The “dark” element may be reflecting, in fact, a consciousness and this may be the “dark triad”.
10th plus dimension: A postulated 10th transfinite series of dimensions, predominantly containing C-substrate qualities, with or without S and T substrates (though still linked to S and T by tethering across dimensions).
Finite: Limited extent in space, time or consciousness: discrete, discontinuous, countable set of values subreality. Infinite: (TDVP) Limitless, unbounded, continuous, without end subreality in Space, Time and Consciousness (C-) Substrates. Interfaces with finite and though largely unknown, it obeys the laws of nature.
There are four levels of consciousness as defined in TDVP:
· A basic consciousness level always exists in everything inanimate or animate as everything contains the most fundamental discrete finite physical meaning linked in extent with space and time, and in content with mass and energy. We call this Quantal (or more broadly “Qualit”) Consciousness: The term “quantum” is used specifically to describe mass and energy, not purpose or meaning; the term “qualit” is a broader term meant to include quanta plus the more subtle qualitative aspects of consciousness.
· In all sentient beings, consciousness also involves various levels of awareness and responsiveness in the final common pathway—neurological consciousness reflecting a product of the functioning brain and nervous system, a biochemical-electrical admixture occurring in restricted 3S-1t.
· This is always linked with psychological elements. Depending on one’s orientation, the psychological may or may not involve an addition to the neurological biochemical-electrical consciousness. Nevertheless, it still involves the brain as an endpoint, but while it may be controversial, we must allow the possibility that there may be situations where it could also have components that derive in location from outside the brain.
· Additionally, there may be varying levels of a separate transfinite discrete meaning (Transfinite Consciousness) and deriving from an unending continuous information repository resulting in meaning in the infinite (Metaconsciousness). We refer to this combination as “Higher Consciousness” because the two elements are largely inseparable. Higher Consciousness may not be experienced almost at all by many living sentient beings, or may be accentuated by such states as dreams or meditation, or may occur as a trait in, for example, mystics. It could be argued to be pertinent linked with other traits such as in near-death descriptions.
Therefore, C- for Broader Consciousness defines a unit always made up of quantum plus meaning (collectively together called “qualits”), of psychological and neurological consciousness in sentient beings, and of possible transfinite discrete and metaconscious continuous meaning linked with various levels of the continuous unending information repository in the infinite. In TDVP, consciousness always exists as a unit as a meaningful unit underlying every aspect of reality. By contrast, the philosophical term “consciousness” appears more imprecise and ambiguous as it depends on the specific philosophical, mystical or theological model.
To acquire more information on this topic go to the ABOUT page on this site VernonNeppe.org/about.php
We now move onto a more specialized discussion of TDVP
In 2011, Neppe and Close proposed a broad model for reality—the Triadic Dimensional Distinction Vortical Paradigm (TDVP). TDVP proposes that the finite is made up of distinct parts. These are contained within a continuous infinite reality. TDVP postulates that the finite consists of 9 dimensions, and vortical / spin movements occur across these dimensions.
The Cabibbo mixing angle is an empirically derived angle in Theoretical Physics, and it cannot be derived from the standard particle physics model by just applying 3 dimensions of space and one moment in time (3S-1t)
In our initial published paper, we test two related hypotheses on the mathematical derivation of the Cabibbo mixing angle:
1. It can be derived only from a nine-dimensional mathematical model.
2. It supports the TDVP hypothesis that the finite reality consists of a 9 dimensional vortical (spinning) model.
We demonstrate that there is a solid mathematical basis for demonstrating a 9-dimensional finite spin model. 2 lines of evidence exist:
1. A brief non-specific one where one can extrapolate upwards and downwards applying rotation from 9 dimensions to /and from 1 dimension and demonstrate the same asymmetric findings.
2. A detailed mathematical derivation explaining why the mixing angle of fermions, exemplified by the Cabibbo angle in quarks, is approximately 13.04 degrees: It requires a 9-dimensional spin model to demonstrate it. This very specific and profoundly important finding resolves a puzzle that has mystified scientists for 50 years.
We derive the mixing angle by applying a 9-dimensional rotational model, extrapolating through dimensions. We utilize the Bohr radius (radius of the Hydrogen atom), radians and the Lorentz correction as the electron velocity is close to the velocity of light. We demonstrate the angle is 13.032 degrees. This cannot be derived by using a conventional Standard Model of Physics with 3 dimensions of space and one point in time. Nor can the Cabibbo angle figure be calculated applying anything but a 9 dimensional model suggesting that models with <9 or >9 finite dimensions are incorrect. Moreover, the requirement of spin rotation suggests that models involving folding dimensions are also falsified.
Prior to developing this demonstration explaining the Cabibbo mixing angle, we have developed the Triadic Dimensional Distinction Vortical Paradigm 1; 2 (TDVP) In TDVP, we postulate that finite reality is in 9 dimensions, and this involves a vortical model . This demonstration supports these hypotheses. It does not, however, say anything about the nature of any of the specific dimensional STC substrates , namely those of Space. Time and “Consciousness”
The theoretical background to this calculation applies the mathematical methods in the TDVP model namely, the Calculus of Distinctions, Dimensional Extrapolation and the concept of Indivension. We use the term “Indivension” to describe the fragmentary view we are afforded through the limitations of our physical senses and their physical extensions. We introduce the calculus of distinctions and the process of dimensional extrapolation as tools used to reveal the mathematical and multi-dimensional nature of reality. Finally, we show how the fermion mixing angle (such as the Cabibbo angle) can be derived from the consciousness-based theory we call the Triadic Dimensional distinction Vortical Paradigm (TDVP).
This mathematical derivation has enormous implications for the future of appreciating our reality:
1. It supports the feasibility of our finite reality being a 9-dimensional spin (vortical) reality.
2. It implies that most of our finite reality is hidden because we are limited to what we experience in 3 dimensions of space and 1 point in time (3S-1t).
3. The awareness suggests a potential to apply higher dimensional realities for future research.
4. Additionally, this finding supports several TDVP mathematical constructs:
· the basic TDVP 9 dimensional finite spin model,
· dimensional extrapolation and related dimensionometry,
· the idea of our 3S-1t reality being relative and not absolute,
· concepts of orthogonality at higher dimensions, and
· the application of the calculus of distinctions.
5. Furthermore, our derivation applying 9D vortical spin:
· consolidates the pertinence of spin,
· the application of relativity corrections in electrons,
· conservation of angular momentum, and
· the technique of applying LFAF
6. It provokes serious questions about the concept of finite reality, including that some dimensions that may be hidden from us in our restricted 3S-1t sentient experience.
7. It confirms the derivation of the same approximate Cabibbo mixing angle of 13.032 degrees for mixing angles linked with electron spin.
8. It broadens the Cabibbo concept of weak universality by hypothesizing that all discrete phenomena result from specific dimensional extensions of the same elementary pattern inherent in the multi-dimensional substrate of reality.
Furthermore as extensions to the initial calculations, we can draw further important conclusions.
9. Our calculations supports the finding of electron shape not being uniformly spherical: This is a strong conclusion because otherwise certain calculated velocities in our analysis would exceed the velocity of light.
These findings because of their breadth could generate several novel ideas for testing and application.
from Close ER, Neppe VM: Mathematical and theoretical physics feasibility demonstration of the finite nine
dimensional vortical model in fermions. Dynamic International Journal of Exceptional Creative Achievement 1301:1301; 1-55, 2013
Unified Monism : A philosophical model developed from the scientific and mathematical metaparadigm of TDVP . Posits a unified reality of Space, Time and Consciousness with the infinite inseparably pervading with the finite.
The consequential result of TDVP is a philosophical model that is applicable to the brain and body, as well as the broader infinite and finite. “Unified Monism” is the necessary philosophical consequence of TDVP, not a primary metaphysical or philosophical conceptual model. Like Kabbalah and TDVP, some of the Eastern mystical philosophies (e.g., Vedic varieties) recognize the unification of reality, the infinite subreality, the broader role of consciousness and a higher guiding element.
TDVP philosophically and conceptually portrays a “Unified Monism ”, an inseparable source linkage forever for both finite and infinite subrealities. From the inseparable source of space, time and extended consciousness at the most fundamental level of origin separations of S, T and C occur in the tethered (looser linked) areas. Though there are zillions of tethered projections the source unification creates a unified philosophical unit.
In contrast is the mystical view (e.g. Spinoza): There is only one individual, God or Substance, and everything else, lives and moves and has its being in God. But, Spinoza rejects a God that manifests Himself as the Attributes, of which mind and matter (extension) are the only two that we humans are acquainted with. Thus Spinoza is not a monist in the sense of (i) above, since his system posits infinitely many dimensions to God's being, each dimension constituting a distinct "kind".
IIn the mind-body debate, the more important distinction today may be to differentiate atomism or atomic monists, where causation goes bottom up, and holism, where causation flows top down. Our Unified Monism clearly has the Holism element, and we use a top down approach which includes non-material information. In that sense, in the new definition of dualism, it is dualistic but in no other way is it.Unified Monism Revisited
Unified Monism (UM) differs from possibly all the other philosophical models. This is because it is based not ab initio, on philosophy. Instead, UM derives from scientific empiricism, mathematics and logic. Therefore, UM is not in that sense, “metaphysical” because it developed out of science: It is very much a secondary derivation of the metaparadigm that is TDVP. The logic of UM develops out of necessity. There is no need for any connection as in dualism. And there is no need to relate mass-energy or space-time or “consciousness” to be products of the other. All of space, time and “consciousness” independently exist. There is no critique about limitations of our objective physical reality and nor do we have a problem with survival after death or with psi or with meaningful evolution. There is no need for emergence, epiphenomena or derivativeness. All seamlessly fit. No other model in this context makes sense under every circumstance. This is why UM was borne out of necessity: A logical consequence of the science and the mathematics.
Effectively, therefore, Unified Monism is a philosophical endpoint of science and mathematics. This unified model is also an important descriptor of the Science and Mathematics of TDVP.
It is remarkable that both Drs Neppe and Close quite independently developed the same philosophical concept, effectively referring to Unified Monism , even though it did not exist and we are only now defining this new philosophical model!
The Calculus of Distinctions involves well-defined logical and mathematical operations involving the drawing of distinctions. The CoD formalizes the most basic concepts underlying all logic and mathematics. It deals with distinctions of content, extent and impact. It was first developed by Close in 1986, published in1990, expanded to include dimensional notation by Close and Brandin in 2002, and has been further amplified by Close and Neppe since 2009. CoD defines and clarifies the most basic logical calculations involving distinctions. “Calculus” involves a system of operations, governed by a set of logical rules. The Calculus of Distinctions allows fundamental processes of calculation at a level of logic prior to applying any other mathematical rules: The CoD applies symbolic representation of a distinction or distinctions and extends into geometry and into multiple dimensions (“dimensionometry”), algebra, arithmetic and even to the calculus of Newton and Leibniz. It can be applied to any size of system, from the quantal to the astronomical, and recognizes the fundamental role of “consciousness”, namely the drawing of distinctions. For the purpose of calculation, CoD expressions are changed by one or more logical operations, consisting of one or more steps, to another form. It differs from Set Theory because it involves multiple dimensions, consciousness, is triadic (not binary), incorporates imaginary, complex and negative numbers, and involves distinctions not similarities. CoD fundamentally mathematically conceptualizes reality: The CoD distinguishes self from not-self by a conscious distinguisher; interprets reality by the perceptual, conceptual and experiential; and existentially differentiates extent, content and impact variables, and effectively represents dimensions, substance and influence, as well as allowing for interrelationships between them by “density”. “Consciousness” plays an enormous role in all aspects of scientific analysis through the application of the CoD. Ultimately, this translates into a new method for quantifying and representing multidimensional variables mathematically either intervally or ordinally. The CoD is particularly relevant to the Neppe-Close Triadic Dimensional Distinction Vortical Paradigm (TDVP) model (or technically TDdVP). TDVP is a proposed so-called “theory of everything”. TDdVP describes the “Triad” of Space, Time, and Consciousness all being inseparably tied (“tethered”) together; TDVP involves carefully defined “dimensions” and requires spinning movements (Vortices). TDVP reflects a major paradigm shift that appears feasible in the broader sciences—the Physical, Psychological, Consciousness and Biological Sciences—and also results in a philosophical model called Unified Monism. Importantly, it applies the Calculus of Distinctions as a new mathematical technique, as part of its mathematical feasibility.
 Close, E.R and Neppe, V.M. The Calculus of Distinctions: A Workable mathematicologic model across dimensions and consciousness. Dynamic International Journal of Exceptional Creative Achievement 1210:1210; 2387 -2397, 2012
 Edward R. Close PhD * and Vernon M. Neppe MD, PhD, Fellow Royal Society (SAf) **, Pacific Neuropsychiatric Institute, Seattle; and Exceptional Creative Achievement Organization (Distinguished Fellow *, Distinguished Professor **)
What is the Conveyance Equation and TRUE units.
This is a new concept introduced by Drs Close and Neppe. It is very complex and this is a very brief perspective that requires the full publications to fully understand it.
The equations produced by Σni=1 (Xn)m = Zm when n and m, and the Xi and Z are integers are mathematical expressions of the form of the logical structure of the C-substrate as it is conveyed to the 3S domain. For this reason, we will call this expression the Conveyance Expression. This expression generalizes the summation of n finite m-dimensional distinctions. The equations it generates when all variables are integers, including the equations of the Pythagorean Theorem and Fermat’s Last Theorem, prove to be indispensably useful in the mathematical analysis of the combination of elementary particles.
The simplest symmetric form in three-dimensional space is the sphere, and we can assume that the TRUE unit of substance is spherical. If the particles are also spherical, their volumes are 4/3 π r13, 4/3 π r23, and 4/3 π r33, where r1, r2 and r3 are the radii of the particles. But, since the volumes of the particles are integral multiples of the TRUE unit, r1, r2 and r3 must be integer multiples of the radius of the TRUE unit; so let r1= X1RT, r2 = X2RT, and r3 = X3RT where X1, X2 and X3 are integers and RT is the radius of the TRUE unit. The Conveyance Equation representation of the combination of the three particles becomes:
(X1)3 + (X2)3 + (X3)3= Z3, where the Xi and Z are integers representing the number of linear cross-sections of the TRUE volumes of each particle represented by the terms of the equation.
Since spinning elementary particles are symmetric, and multiples of TRUE units, which are also symmetric, the fact that this equation has integer solutions, while the equation (X1)3 + (X2)3 = Z3 does not. This tells us that for the elementary particles to combine to form the most stable, symmetric compound distinctions, three particles, not two, must combine.
In nine dimensions, at a very basic level. e.g. subquark or dark matter or other unknown, whether measured as mass, energy or consciousness, the numerical values of the spinning entities in normalized equivalence units are integers and dimensionometrically equivalent. We will, therefore, call them Triadic Rotational Units of Equivalence (TRUE). The increasing spin of the four elementary distinctions creates additional attractive and repulsive forces, and under the intelligent influence of the informed dimensionometric structure expressed by the Conveyance Equation, they exchange TRUE units so that combine to form new symmetric and therefore very stable sub-atomic components. All quantum processes involving TRUE units conform to the law of conservation of mass, energy and consciousness operating in 3S-1t macro-level observations.
Elementary entities in multiples of the TRUE units are determined by application of the Conveyance Equation and the assumption that a mathematical relationship, analogous to E = mc2exists between energy and consciousness.
At the quantum level, to be stable quantum particles, existing as finite three-dimensional distinctions, each of these volumes must be equivalent to either the volume of a single TRUE unit, or multiples of the volume of the TRUE unit. This means that X1, Y2 and Z must be integers.
Fermat’s Last Theorem tells us there are no integer solutions for this equation, which means that no two particles consisting of TRUE units, or integral multiples of TRUE units, can combine to form a new symmetrical entity. Such asymmetrical combinations of rapidly spinning entities will tumble or spiral, especially under the influence any external force, and will thus be far less stable than symmetric forms.
However, when n = m =3, the expression yields the equation
(X1)3 + (X2)3 + (X3)3= Z3,
which does have integer solutions. The first one (with the smallest integers) is
33 + 43 + 53 = 63
It is important to recognize that the equations produced by Σni=1 (Xn)m = Zmwhen n and m, and the Xi and Z are integers are mathematical expressions of theform of the logical structure of the C-substrate as it is conveyed to the 3S domain. For this reason, we will call this expression the Conveyance Expression. This expression, generalizing the summation of n finite m-dimensional distinctions, and the equations it generates when all variables are integers, including the equations of the Pythagorean Theorem and Fermat’s Last Theorem, prove to be indispensably useful in the mathematical analysis of the combination of elementary particles.
Dr Ed Close PhD and Dr Vernon Neppe MD, PhD, FRS (SAf) teamed up in this major project. Our model, if true—and there is now great supporting evidence that cogenltly supports it—has enormous relevance to every area of science and even to philosophy and theology as well as mathematics.
The common ground is the scientific and philosophical paradigm that we've both been working on for the past 20 plus years. We've combined resources these past four years and recently produced what appears to be a landmark book “Reality Begins with Consciousness” (see www.brainvoyage.com) now in its fourth edition. The model on which it is based is the Triadic Dimensional Distinction Vortical Paradigm (TDVP). TDVP is an all-encompassing model incorporating recognizing the fundamental and inseparable aspects of a tethered space, time and “consciousness” (“ C-substrate” technically several broad elements of "consciousness"—neurological, psychological and “metaconsciousness”) and yet with each extending separately like balloons on a string. TDVP involves a fluctuating N-dimensional discrete, finite subreality, necessarily embedded within a continuous infinite subreality. TDVP demonstrates how vortices (curved movements) are fundamental to the laws of nature, how an awareness of the basic necessity of consciousness, the fundamental basis of triadic distinctions, a mathematical model of dimensionometry (geometry across N-dimensions including consciousness), an explanation of what life is, and the necessary application of "ordropic" processes of order. In a way TDVP could be argued to be the scientific unification of spirituality with science.
The multidisciplinary emphasis of TDVP requires many approaches. Dr Close and I have added mathematical, falsifiability and feasibility parameters (the model called “LFAF” (“lower dimensional feasibility—absent falsification”), and we've amplified Ed's Calculus of Distinctions. We emphasize mathematical models including infinity, zero and theorems, and we approach phenomena even from the beginning events of existence. We recognize our challenge as enormous because we are not the first to work with hyperspace—extra dimensions of time and space or to attempt a so-called "theory of everything". Nevertheless, we are very gratified that our model is not contradicted by current knowledge. With our books being out, we are ready to publicly discuss this model beyond this short outline above, and we are actively publishing our TDVP model in scientific books and papers, as well as a follow up book to our first “Space, Time and Consciousness” plus a book for the layperson. We believe we are close to finding this elusive "theory of everything".
Importantly, science and mathematics is based on validation. As of July 2013, we have been able to validate our TDVP model and demonstrate that reality has 9 finite spin dimensions not just 3 of space and 1 moment in time. You can read more about this in Reality Begins with Consciousness (see www.brainvoyage.com/RBC/perspective.phpand the thirty other related menus as well as www.VernonNeppe.org/MEDIA.html and more on the research at www.VernonNeppe.org/research.html and in the July 2013 edition of our ISPE The Thousander at http://www.thethousand.com/pdfs/Thousander_2013-06.pdf. Importantly, we have now replicated this mathematical derivation of 9 dimensions.
Our particular respect goes to those models that are thousands of years old: It’s remarkable how closely Kabbalic mysticism fits with TDVP, though very esoteric, based on philosophy and not therefore developed scientifically and mathematically.
It is striking that particularly in Sefer Yitzirah in Kabbalic tradition, triadic even refers effectively to the Triad of Space, Time and Consciousness. The persistence of mystical systems over thousands of years, though quite unscientific, still may support the ubiquity of the idea of tethered STC substrates. Fundamental truths may have commonality across cultures. Indeed, if the TDVP model impacts a meaningful reality in everything, we would expect that to correlate with mysticism.
The STC triad is only well defined in TDVP and Kabbalic mysticism. The Kabbalic mystical model (Ka) ancient reflecting Judaic tradition particularly Sefer Yetzirah.
In Kabbalic esoteric sources, you might find, for example, descriptions of “vortices”, but without amplification or without even using the term, but by implication. Similarly, though one does not interpret or conceptualize “dimensions” as TDVP does, the ten Sefirot and four higher levels and some external concepts are described in Kabbalah. These might imply transfinite ordinal dimensions of consciousness. Yet, additionally, there is no differentiation of the discrete with the continuous. at that level blurring the picture even more. Also, there might even be an esoteric implication of what could be interpreted as “tethering” of Space, Time and Consciousness. In addition, the descriptions of eternal time concepts with infinite time in the Divine, implies Multidimensional Time. Moreover, Kabbalah contains, though does not define it as such, “distinctions”. For example, there is an obvious and critical distinction: Aspects of reality are directly revealed to us, yet others are hidden. However, such a distinction does not mathematically conceptualize the “calculus of distinctions”.
A recognition of “consciousness” as relevant to time/space or mass/energy is quite common and occurs in 11 of the 24 models including Kabbalah and TDVP.
Vedic mysticism and Kabbalah, like TDVP, recognize infinity, order, unity and consciousness. But Vedic mysticism does not have triads instead has consciousness as more pertinent with mass-energy being epiphenomena: consciousness is interpreted differently and it is not triadic.
Back to the menu at the top.
\ For more on Reality Begins with Consciousness: http://www.brainvoyage.com/RBC/perspective.php